Financial assistance and grants
Better Housing Better Health (BHBH) is a one stop shop for a range of free services aimed at helping Oxfordshire residents reduce energy bills and keep warm and well at home. We can offer
- A freephone helpline – 0800 107 0044
- Impartial expert energy advice
- Access to the latest grants and financial assistance for energy efficiency measures
- Fuel debt alleviation
- Direct referrals to support organisations such as the falls service, fire and rescue and befriending service.
We can also offer free home energy visits from a trained energy advisor, through our partner The Local Energy Advice Program (LEAP). This visit will include:
- Fit FREE energy saving measures in your home, such as draught-proofing and low energy LED lightbulbs, potentially saving around £30 a year on energy bills.
- Check if you are on the cheapest energy tariff and if you aren’t they can help you to change to a cheaper one (potentially saving you around £287).
- They can refer you to a service to check that you are receiving any benefits that you are entitled to and can help deal with any debt problems.
Please call the BHBH team on 0800 107 0044 (freephone) to check if you are eligible and to start the process.