Grants and Funding

Green Homes Grant

We are working alongside local authorities in Watford, Hertsmere, Three Rivers, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire to deliver grants to eligible citizens as part of the Green Homes Grants scheme set up by the Government in line with their plan for a decarbonised future.

As part of the governments Green Home Grant initiative, we have been given funding to help low-income residents make energy saving changes to improve the warmth and wellbeing of their home and to help the UK on the path to net zero.  Homes can benefit from measures such as insulation as well as heating upgrades to help improve your home’s performance in a programme fully funded by this grant.

If you’re located in one of the council areas listed above and your household income is below £30,000* our team can help you access the Grant funding to make these changes and provide end to end customer support.

To speak to us please give us a call on  0800 038 6030. The free phone line is open from 9 – 5 Monday to Friday (exc. bank holidays) or alternatively email with your full name, address and phone number after which one of our advisors will give you a call.

* It may also be possible for a household income to be in excess of £30,000 and still eligible for funding where the household composition means that incomes are stretched amongst many dependent children. – If you would like to be considered on this basis please contact us.

Current available funding

Eco Funding

Funding is available for energy efficiency improvements such as loft insulation, cavity wall insulation and heating system replacements through the ECO scheme. Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government energy efficiency scheme to help reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty. ECO funding is available to home owners and some private tenants. We work with installers who have access to ECO funding and can help you during the referral process if you qualify for the scheme.

This funding is available for vulnerable households, this has been defined as a household that is receiving income-related benefits or has a low overall household income and a resident with a vulnerability to the cold. Vulnerabilities can include suffering from a long-term health condition, being in receipt of a non-means tested benefit or living in a property that has a low energy performance. Please contact us to find out more about the eligibility criteria.

Local Funding

We also have access to additional council grants which vary between each Local Authority and have different criteria. The two grants that we manage directly are the Better Housing Better Health grant and the Fuel Poverty Grant.

Buckinghamshire – Better Housing Better Health grant

Grants of up to £2,500 for energy efficiency measures are available for owner occupiers with a resident who suffers from a long-term health condition. Referrals must be made by a health or social care professional, please find the referral form below.

Download Referral Form

South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse district councils – Fuel Poverty Grant
Now also available in Cherwell and West Oxfordshire District Councils

A grant of up to £1,000 is available for home-owners in receipt of a means-tested benefit. The funding must go towards measures which will improve the energy efficiency of the property. If you think you could be eligible, please speak to us on 0800 107 0044 or email at


Watford Borough Council can provide incentive grants and loans to Watford residents, regardless of income. This is subject to conditions and funding availability, and is for households deemed appropriate to receive energy measures under this scheme. We are currently working on two projects on the Kingswood and Leavesden Estates focussing on solid wall insulation. Funding is secured from sources such as the Green Homes Grant, ECO and Watford Borough Council. Please contact us for more information.